Saturday, December 3, 2011

Beckham

Meet baby Beckham
Born 11/26/11 at 2:21 am
Weighs 8lbs 3 oz
21 inches long
I wrote in my journal all of the details, but here is a quick run-down of what happened. A lot can happen in 20 hours and I didn't want to bore you!
We went to the hospital at 6:00 am Friday morning to be induced. From the ultrasound they thought he was going to be a big baby. The doctor broke my water around 12:30, and I got an epidural around 3:00 pm. Things were progressing real slow. Around 10:30 pm I was fully dialated and effaced. However, because I wasn't feeling any pressure they said I could wait to start pushing so I didn't push longer than I had to. An hour later they said that we couldn't wait any longer and that I had to start pushing now. After an hour and a half, Beckham hadn't moved down at all. He was too comfortable where he was, he was facing up instead of looking down, and he had a big head. Three reasons for a c-section. They called the doctors that do the c-section and had them come to the hospital and get set up. After 20 hours in labor, Beckham was born at 2:21 am.

Our first family picture. It was definitely a long day, be are so glad that he is here and healthy! We think he is absolutely perfect! :-)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congratulations! And I love that name. I am so happy for you. Wish I could meet him in person.

    ReplyDelete